Vanguard Vintage sells authentic vintage garments (unless stated otherwise), the label sizes vary greatly from those of modern clothing sizes.
Vintage garments, particularly older ones (predating the 1960s) are typically not labelled at all. Modern sizes are not uniform or universal as they vary greatly between different brands and designers. Your best bet when buying vintage is to take your measurements and compare them to the detailed measurements provided in each listing.
We suggest you measure (in inches) a similar garment you already own and know fits you well, in the same way we measure our garments and then compare the dimensions. We measure our garments laying flat in inches.
We give a suggested garment size on each item. This is an estimated suggestion only. Please refer to the measurements to ensure fit.
Vanguard Vintage sells authentic vintage garments (unless stated otherwise), the majority of vintage items are used and as such show varying signs of their previous lives. Due to the unique nature of vintage clothing, there may be minor imperfections and small repairs. Although we do our best to note any major flaw that we find we may miss trivial ones or ones that are characteristic of garments of a particular age and era.
Here at Vanguard we use a three prong condition rating scale to keep things simple.
GREAT VINTAGE CONDITION
We found no holes, stains, or repairs. The garment has been well cared for and there are no issues to note.
GOOD VINTAGE CONDITION
The item appears slightly worn, for example has very minor fading, or a tiny repair which is not in an obvious place.
DISTRESSED VINTAGE CONDITION
The item appears worn and has obvious flaws; however it is collectible, rare or very old and as such desirable. Signs of wear may contribute to the history of the piece; as in vintage military clothing, or to the style of a piece; as in a rock tee with obvious holes. These flaws will be included in the product description.
VANGUARD VINTAGE RETURN POLICY
Returns and Exchanges are easy with Vanguard Vintage!
If you do not like your item(s) for any reason, simply send it back to us. Make sure it is postmarked no later than 7 days after our tracking verifies that the package arrived to you. Once we receive and process your return, we will send you a confirmation email along with a store credit code. You can use this code towards any other item (or combination of items) at Vanguard Vintage! This code will never expire, so don't feel rushed. We have thousands of items and list new inventory daily. Feel free to take as long you need to find that perfect something.
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
- Returns must be in original condition (this means unworn, unwashed, unaltered, undamaged, with original tags intact & original packaging).
- Swimsuits and intimates are final sale and cannot be returned.
- Exchanges can be done using your store credit. Once you get your code, just place a new order at www.vanguardvintageclothing.com.
- Original shipping fees will not be included in the credit, or refunded.
- Return Shipping fees will not be included in the credit, or refunded.
- Sale, Clearance and items purchased using a promotional discount code coupon cannot be returned and are final sale.
- Once you we have received your return processing the credits may take a few days, please be patient with us.
- Vanguard Vintage is not responsible for any Customs Fees, VATS, or Taxes that your Country charges you as a citizen, for importing goods. If you receive an additional charge upon arrival, that charge is imposed by your Country of citizenship on its citizens. It is not an additional charge that Vanguard Vintage sets or profits from. Please research your Country's import VATS, Taxes and Customs Fees prior to ordering items for import so that you do not have an unpleasant surprise upon arrival.
- Our return policy is open for 7 days after the tracking verifies your package has been received. This means your return shipment to us can be postdated no later than 7 days after tracking proves it arrived to you. If more than 7 days have passed since you received your package, unfortunately we can’t offer you a return. Please open your package as soon as it arrives and contact us well before the 7 days is up to receive authorization for the return.
- Gift cards are non-returnable.
- To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
- Please do not send your purchase back unless we have authorized the return. Unauthorized returns will not be accepted and will be sent back at your expense.
- All return shipments must include tracking. The return of garments, or orders, over $200 should include signature upon arrival trackable insured shipping. If your return does not include tracking, we cannot guarantee that your return was received and we cannot issue a credit.
- Make sure to mark the package you are sending back as “return of merchandise” on the postage label. If it gets sent back to us without this specification, we will not accept it.
- We require that all American customers ship their returns using USPS only.
- If you refuse a shipment from Vanguard Vintage, you are responsible for the original shipping charges, any import fees, duties and/or taxes that are incurred on the package, and the cost of returning the package to Vanguard Vintage. This amount will be deducted from your merchandise credit. In the instance that the return fee exceeds the amount of the merchandise plus shipping costs, the package will be abandoned and you will not be credited.
- We will not mark a shipment as being of a lesser value than what it was purchased for or as a gift. It is illegal.
- No warranty is expressed or implied regarding the usefulness, lifespan or durability of any item.
- All items are in used condition. Used items should be expected to have signs of age and use. We describe nothing as being in mint or flawless condition.
- By purchasing from Vanguard Vintage, you agree that Vanguard Vintage is not legally responsible for any accidents or damages that may occur when handling, using or wearing any item(s) received from Vanguard Vintage.
- Due to the unique nature of vintage clothing, there may be imperfections and small repairs.
- Vanguard Vintage takes great care of our used garments, but please remember they have had a previous life.
*By purchasing from Vanguard Vintage, you are agreeing to all of our policies*
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY
Please make sure that the shipping address submitted matches your paypal/credit card verified shipping address. If there is a discrepancy between the two Vanguard Vintage will default to the paypal/credit card verified shipping address.
Your order will be delivered to you by either your local post office or a local courier. Most orders will be delivered by your local postal service, meaning the package will be delivered with your regular mail. If you are not home when the delivery is made, a notice card may be left by the postal service to advise you on how and where your delivery can be collected. Please respond to this notice in a timely manner as postal services do not hold items indefinitely for pickup. If you do not respond with haste there is always a chance that the item will be routed to back to us.
All items will be processed and released for shipment within 3-5 business days of your payment clearing. Shipping times may vary due to availability of merchandise. Orders are not shipped on the weekends or holidays.
TAXES AND DUTIES UPON ARRIVAL
All applicable customs and import duties and fees, taxes and any other charges and fees are the responsibility of the customer (even if you refuse any shipments upon delivery).We ship your package DDU, "duties and taxes unpaid", and we do not collect the VAT, duties and/or taxes and cannot predict what your particular charges may be. If your order does require these additional charges, they must be paid by you in order for your package to clear customs. Some countries may require additional fees paid Collect on Delivery (COD). These fees are paid to the local carrier and are not collected by Vanguard Vintage. We do not profit from these charges.
Customs authorities require that we state the value of your order directly on your package(s). Customs agents have the right to release or deny release of your package(s), and in rare cases, they may also delay delivery.
When you order from Vanguard Vintage you agree that you are responsible for the cost of both initial and return shipping. All return shipments must include tracking. The return of garments, or orders, over $200 should include signature upon arrival trackable insured shipping. If your return does not include tracking, we cannot guarantee that your return was received and we cannot issue a credit.
TRACKING AND ETAs
All orders are shipped via www.canadapost.ca North American orders will either be shipped via the expedite or express shipping service levels depending on the weight and the value of your order. All North American orders come with active tracking and full insurance. Expedite orders can take up to 14 business days to arrive from date shipped (after the order has been processed by Vanguard Vintage and released for shipment). Express orders can take up to 5 business days from the date shipped (after the order has been processed by Vanguard Vintage and released for shipment).
International orders valued under $200 will be shipped via Canada Post Small Package Air service level and they do not come with active tracking numbers but are insured. International orders valued over $200 will be shipped via Canada Post International Trackpack or International Express service levels depending on the weight and value of your order. All International orders shipped via International Trackpack or International Express come with active tracking numbers and insurance. Small Package Air international shipments can take up to 6 weeks from the date shipped (after the order has been processed by Vanguard Vintage and released for shipment). International Trackpack shipments can take up to 4 weeks from the date shipped (after the order has been processed by Vanguard Vintage and released for shipment). International Express shipments can take up to 2 weeks from the date shipped (after the order has been processed by Vanguard Vintage and released for shipment).
*Please note: All prices are in USD. These are estimated delivery times only and that Vanguard Vintage can not guarantee delivery dates*
1990s Designer Givenchy Men's Colorblock Windbreaker
Rule of thumb and the key to long-term happiness: Always say YES to vintage Givenchy.
Tag: Givnenchy Active - Nylon, Polyester, Cotton, X-Large
Fits Like: L/XL
Fabric: nylon cotton polyester - machine wash
We only have one, so get it or regret it!
Each piece is unique - we only have one available and it can only be purchased by a single customer.
Good Vintage Condition
may show minor signs of age/use